Osswald History


Boris Dreiding established Parfumerie Osswald 1921 in Zurich, Switzerland. The store’s reputation was built on the sales of products from groundbreaking brands such as Elizabeth Arden and Helena Rubinstein; it was also the first perfumery in town to offer Guerlain fragrances.

Boris' son Jago Dreiding took over the business in post-war Europe and relocated the store to 17 Bahnhofstrasse. In 1980, he added the "Salon de Beauté" installed in the lower level of the building; Jago managed the store successfully until his passing in 1992.

Tamara Dreiding continued running the business in the tradition of her husband and father-in-law. In 1994, she commissioned the architect Christoph Ott to redesign the interior. To this day, the glittering glass case exhibiting 250 precious perfume bottles remains the main attraction of the store.

Tanja Dreiding Wallace joined Osswald in 2005. Remaining loyal to the values and standards of her forefathers, she opened the first international branch of Osswald Parfumerie in New York's Soho neighborhood in 2012. In 2014, Tanja took over both Osswald locations.